Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My First Totally Awkward Tuesday

So my sister started doing Totally Awkward Tuesday like 2 months ago and every Tuesday I get excited to do my first one and then I can never think of an awkward moment. BUT!!! Today I thought of one and I'm really excited to tell you all.

I was in 8th grade and of course like every 13 year old girl I had a crush on a boy. His name was Noah. Noah was in everyone of my classes so I got to see him all day long. He was also really really nice, he was very popular (and I wasn't) but he would still talk to everyone and didn't make fun of anyone.

Well also like a lot of teenage girls I wrote his name on my binder..... a few hundred time.... I didn't think he would ever see it because he was on the other side of the room and it was in the insides of the binder.

One day though my friends were teasing me about it when we had to do a group project and I was in his group with one of his friends and one of mine. I had to open my binder at some point to get to my papers so I kept hiding his name or moving the binder upward so he couldn't see it.

Well this group project went on for 4 days! At the end of the 4th day I thought I was free and didn't have to worry.

Well I was wrong. on Friday I was turned around before class and was talking to my friend when Noah comes over and goes Hey I'm just going to get the paper for the teacher real quick and flips open my binder to see his name and lots of hearts.

Well he looks at me, smiles, gets the paper and walks away. I couldn't look at him for the rest of the year. I also NEVER wrote a boys name in my binder again.

2 comments: