Sunday, July 12, 2009

crazyness at work

I have been having the WORST few weeks at work.

5 weeks ago we hired this new girl at work lets call her Beth. Well Beth didn't pick up on things as fast as we were hoping she would because we lost 2 people in the last 2 weeks... so we needed people bad. but it was okie we were trying to work with her the best we could.

but then we started to get a lot of problems with her. because I was now the person right below the store manager I was the one that was mostly training her. but she started to straight out lie to me when I asked if it was her that was doing something so I could just correct her so she knew next time. (there was also another girl being trained at the sometime.)

She talks a lot too. okie I dint mind that she talks BUT when its about the same 2 things every time it gets a little annoying. Its always about 1. Her 9 month old son having a heart problem and having to do a lot of stuff to help and all the stuff they had to do to help him. or 2. about how her black boyfriend (she is white) and her have to put up with all these people that treat him and her like shit because they are different color.

I didn't care what color people are and everyone that I work with also doesn't care. and so we dint really care what her imaginary problems are with the rest of the world.

one BIG problem with this is that. at work its a guest service kind of place, we try and help everyone out in there trip to our store. because its so important to the store we have to fill out these report card looking things for the other person we are working with. (green=great, yellow=ok, red=bad) So one day on this report card the other new girl molly was filling the card out for Beth. She gave her yellows and reds on most of the items, because that's what she was doing ok to bad. Well Beth goes up to her and says "you are a slave driver because my boyfriend is back." well molly gets this disgusted look on her face like WTF and says "so is mine....."

First of all that is not something you say to someone. And what is her problem....

so weeks go by and she is still lying and getting upset when we tell her she is doing something wrong and we show her the right way. (not in a mean way) one day after she was shown how to empty the shipment boxes and where to put all the shoes. I went up to her and said "Just one thing about the shipment" in a nice tone not yelling or anything. and she gets all upset and says "I'm really sick of someone telling how to do something and someone else yelling at me that its wrong all the time."
First of all I was kinda shocked and I looked at her and said " I'm not yelling at you and its only because she didn't tell you..." it really wasn't anything big it was just something small that makes it easier when putting things away.

Because of this and some much more that has been going on we (meaning me and the other 3 people who work there) all talk to the store manager. She understood and said she would have a talk with her.

After the talk things were okie. well okie for about 2-3 days...

Til last Thursday. on Wednesday I had caught her with her cell phone on the sales floor. (which is a big no no) and I told her that she cant have that on the floor and to plz put it away. so she did. well on Thursday I caught her with it again and said "plz put the phone away you know you cant have it on the floor." well I was leaving so I wasn't sure if she did or not but on the way out I told the other girl that I work with Pat(she has been working there for 6 years now) that I have caught her twice with it in the past 2 days so just keep an eye out for her.

Well I get a call later that night after the store is closed saying that we need to talk. So I go to her house to talk and hang out.

a little back ground before I tell you this one.... we now have another new hire and the new hire Amy and Pat were working with Beth the rest of the night. Pat was going to be training Amy the rest of the night and Beth was to deal and take care of the customers.

and the story goes...
it's about 8pm and the three of them are at the front of the store talking when Beth's cell phone rings (not vibrate but rings loud) and Pat just looks at her. Beth then proceeds to take the phone out of her BRA!!! and starts texting the person back. Well Pat goes "Beth you know you are not allowed to have that on the floor." then Beth starts to talk very loud (with customers in the store) "Well I see people with there phone of the floor ALL the time. Liz does it (Honestly I have had it on the floor ONCE in the past 6 weeks she has been there and it wasn't on me it was in the desk up front turned to silent) Lins does it, and I have seen Molly with hers too."

Pat - "first of all Lins doesn't work here anymore, Liz did maybe once in the desk up front, I have mine in the desk up front with my purse."

(she didn't say anything about molly's but Molly had hers shut off a week before she even started so she doesn't even have one to be seen on)

Beth-" well I have a son at home and a sick sister and I need my phone so they can call me if anything happens."

Pat-" give them the number to the store"

Beth-"I would have to give it to so many people"(then lists off a ton of people)

Pat-"have a phone tree"

Beth-"WTF is a phone tree"

Pat then goes on to explain the phone tree but Beth just doesn't care and walks off. Pat asked her two more times to take the phone off the floor but she doesn't and said that she is going to talk to the manager to she if she would allow it on the floor.

So this is what we have had to deal with, and a lot more but I could go on for days ask my sister and husband. (I'm sorry by the way to them they must be so sick of it :( ) Thank god my manager is going to talk to her this week and do something about it. because haven't been able to eat or sleep well in the past 3 weeks because I'm so stressed out about her.

I really hope that something gets done and done soon or I'm going to have to go see a therapist.....

well thanks for letting me spill hope I didn't bore you to death.

1 comment: